Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gray Hair And Galactic Boots

I have a question for you.  Do you have the chutzpah, the kahunas,......the I don't give a hoot-ness to rock gray hair?   Well, I think I do.  Not because I am all that, although I am not exactly lacking in the self esteem department..... at all.   No, it has nothing to do with that.   I think I can  rock gray hair simply because I actually like this look.  Gray hair if done well is regal, gorgeous and oh so fly!

Now I know most women won't welcome these little silver intruders with open arms.  As a matter of fact, most of us at the first sighting of a few gray strands leave skid marks in the driveway in our haste to get the "Fixer" in the little bottle.  L'oreal, Clairol, Garnier, wehatever our favorite hair color brand is, we fix the gray pronto!

Well, I on the other hand have been proudly cultivating my few gray strands with joyful anticipation.  I can't wait to have enough  to get a little streak or something going on.  Why? Because it's fabulous!  I am so in love with gray hair.....but then again, I come from a genetic pool of creative, stubborn, spirited and nonconformist people so sometimes I can cook up some stuff in my head that even amazes me.

Do you see these galactic boots ( I named them that), well, my sister bought these because she just knew, that if anyone can rock these, she can!  See what I mean?...this is the gene pool I came from.  As for gray hair, here are some beautiful examples of how beautiful and modern this look can be.  To me it is the glorious evidence that I have been blessed by God to live this long, its a silver/platinum crown, and its down right fierce!

Cherio!














10 comments:

Stacey Donaldson said...

I love gray hair I always have. I have several now, got one right at my temple for my birthday last year and it loves to show off! LOL I will embrace my silver wisdom as it comes!

Earl-Leigh said...

I love gray hair. I don't have any, but I can definitely see myself rocking the color. I just think it makes people look so refined! I'm a new follower...i really like your style.

Babymama said...

Hey Wanda,

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the lovely comment!

If I looked like the beautiful woman in pic #1 - I would ABSOLUTELY rock grey hair.

I haven't got one yet. Just sayin'

xo
babymama
avagracescloset

Holly@A Life-Size Catholic Blog said...

I love gray hair—on everybody else! Me, I’m a Clairol … Nice “N Easy kinda girl!

Thanks for popping by my blog, and glad you had some fun.

Lala said...

I absolutely love the layout and color scheme of your blog. Beautiful work!

Lala :-)

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

The gray hair thing is absolutely turning into somewhat of a trend. I feel like I've been seeing it popping up everywhere and I've been like, "wow, people are actually doing this on purpose?" LOL

Kiran Bajaj Sawhney said...

following you

Melanie said...

I love your attitude! It is so refreshing and punk. (I don't think I've ever used that word but it so fits here.) I especially loved that part about your self-esteem because I have a very healthy one myself. Good on you! Be back soon!

http://www.hereslivinthedream.blogspot.com

Miriam said...

I totally agree wth you! Gray hai can be a sighn of graceful age and beauty :), Miriam@The Pioneer Cookbook"
P.S. Happily following you now!

Little Miss said...

Hey
Thank you for finding and following my blog. It is so nice to know people like my writing style. I am now a follower of your blog and looking forward to reading more.