Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Beauty.... Is It Really In The Eye Of The Beholder?


Beauty, what is it really.  Is it in the symmetry of the face, high cheek bones, eye color, hair length, or is it characterized by poise, or grace?   Can it be found in impeccable taste, attention to detail or does it just happen........ organically? For some real beauty is all of the above but for me, it's so much more.


There is no denying that physical beauty is all around us, and it is unfortunately the standard by which we are judged.  We are bombarded by it on television, in magazines, on bill boards, in food stores, literally every where we go.  Products promising to make you look younger, thinner, taller, your teeth whiter .......   But is this really true beauty?   I think not.  In my opinion, looking beautiful is not the same as being beautiful.  True beauty radiates from the inside out.  When you respect and love the person you are on the inside it feels natural to present the best on the outside. The outward appearance is simply mirroring the inside.   


The most beautiful people to me are those who choose not to hide who they really are but instead develop and celebrate their own uniqueness.  People who have the confidence and resilience to not let society compress them into a generic mold.  People who are free in every sense of the word.  


Whether we realize it or not, what  we present to the world is a combination of  what we want to show and what we cannot hide.  This is why even gorgeous people seem ugly after a while once their inner selves are revealed. By the same token, a person who does not meet society's beauty standards at all can be beautiful. Yes, beauty is more than skin deep. 


 Being beautiful is a package deal.  The outside is intrinsically wrapped up with the inside. So, to be  truly beautiful one must fully embrace everything about themselves, both inside and out.


It is  impossible to be jealous of another person or compare oneself to another when you know that you are special, unique and one-of-a-kind.  No one compares to you, thats a fact.  This is the confidence that makes us shine. When you know who you are, you are able to uplift, celebrate and love others unconditionally.  And you know what?  Whether you are in a tent or a palace you will always be beautiful because you are not defined by anything external.  Your beauty comes from  the heart.  


Stay beautiful everyone!  


Cherio!

9 comments:

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

Beauty is definitely skin-deep. Like you said, there are gorgeous people that I've met who just seem so "ugly" after a while because of their personality. So sad, but so true. Beauty is suppose to radiate, from the inside out.

Mila said...

I love this post, seeing myself as beautiful is something I'm still struggling with, but I'll get it together sometime soon, thanks for commenting and following, I'm going to check out your shop right now.

MommyDigger.com said...

Well said! I still struggle with this from time to time but I think that is only natural.

Thanks for following me at www.mommydigger.com, I'm following you back. Loving your blog!

Shannon said...

I love this post! I am a new follower from MBC! I look forward to reading more of your great insights! Good stuff!

Shannon
Her Cup Runs Over

Ro @ MommyMindSpa.com said...

Yes I agree ... the inside is just as important as the outside!!
Yeay! I was follower #197 ... you're almost at 200!! I reached my 200 follower goal yesterday! You go girl!!
Ro :)
http://www.MommyMindSpa.com
Have YOU had your mom-me moment yet today?

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

Following back from the blog hop and NOW you are only 1 away from 200. Keep an eye out as I have a giveaway coming up for reaching my 200 followers......

KPort207 said...

New follower-kport207.

Would love for you to visit and follow my blog.

www.justthetwoofusanddeals.com

Thanks! :)

WordsAndPen said...

Hi there!

Thanks for following my blog. I found your blog really interesting and beautiful so i decided to follow back.

I'll come back as soon as you have a new post.

Smile from,

Andy at wordsandpen.com

lauradora said...

It's so true you have to love and respect yourself before you can love others. Not respecting yourself is a very ugly thing. I find whenever I catch myself being judgmental I ask myself why I'm doing it and it's always because I'm felling bad about myself. It never helps though it's just a way people have of hiding from there own feelings of inadequacy and I try to remember that whenever someone is being mean.
Thank you for the post it really spoke to me it was lovely.