Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2012

What's Driving You?


I don't know if growing older has anything to do with this but my whole outlook on certain things in my life has gradually shifted.  When I was in my 20's, all I wanted to do was succeed.  I was so driven and I still am today, but what drives me is what has shifted.  In the past I wanted to silence the haters and make a few people eat some much deserved humble pie.

I wanted to serve it to them personally if you know what I mean.

Over the years though, I have learned that if negative energy/emotions like revenge or hate is what is driving you, then when that energy is expended you will be left without focus or drive.  Thank God in my case, passion for what I do is what keeps me going.   There was a time though when my reasons for wanting to succeed was not 100% passion.

Today as I move forward I can truly say that I am done with that. That period of my life is over. I search my heart and there is no trace of malice or pain against anyone.   And not because I have Not experienced pain, hurt and disappointment.  It is exactly BECAUSE I have had such experiences that I am not bitter.  I choose to do this for me.  To concentrate on anything else is not only distracting but it is giving my power to someone or something else.  I can't have that. When I have to hustle and grind it out, though I do have people that love and support me, ultimately it is my faith in God that truly sustains me.  I have proven over the years that people come and go but God will Never leave me or forsake me....I think I am gonna keep rollin with that...

Cherio!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto to that my BFF......let's not waste our energy/passion for negativity but use it for God's glory

Alice @ caribbean travel said...

Well love the exotic surrounding snaps the natural beauty of this Caribbean the place is really a great holiday destination.