Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Hope You Dance



I've had this song playing non stop in my head since yesterday so I just had to share.  The words are so powerful, heartfelt and true.  This song really ministered to me, I hope it does the same for you.

As you may have read in two of my previous post, the last two weeks has been really stressful and hard for me.  After weeks of insomnia I started having heart palpitations which scared the daylights out of me.  I literally feared for my life.  Today as I write this though, I feel a lot better and I am almost back to my normal sleep pattern.  Yay me!!!!  whew.  Trust me when I say I have a whole new respect for sleep.  It is so vitally important to remain healthy.

This whole experience has made me look at my life and all the areas where I held back or put things off for later.  I AM SO DONE WITH THAT.

Life is precious.  It is the most awesome privilege anyone can have. We get a gift every single day of our lives. It comes to us each day wrapped up in 24 brand new hrs.  And those hours are ours to do whatever we choose.
To dream.  
                To Plan.  
To see that plan come to life. 
             To bring comfort to the hurting
To travel
                 To write
To learn
            To teach
         To love and be loved
To serve selflessly
                                                  To find your path
   To live victoriously...
                       and of course 
        to dance.

Cherio!
          

2 comments:

Red said...

Amazing, inspiring song and I'm SO glad you're doing better! Wow, scary!! None of us are promised tomorrow. I love your choice to embrace the present and dance. :-)

Alicia said...

I LOVE this post. It is so true - sometimes it takes a BIG thing for us to realize that life is precious and we have to LIVE it to our fullest potential, always. I'm so happy that you're almost back to your normal self. Whew is correct!

And this song? LOVE it! Thanks for sharing :-)