Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In Pursuit Of zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's - Part II



Hey peeps!  First of all, thank you all so much for the much needed advice and tips.  I am working my way through each one.  (I try a different one each night).  I have gotten up to 5 hours sleep now for the past two nights so I am getting a little better, one hour more than last week.  I tend to consistently fall asleep after around 4:00 in the morning though so I don't know what that is all about. About two days ago  I also decided to start drinking Apple cider vinegar and honey since it has so many great health benefits.  (see more about this here www.earthclinic.com)  It seems to be helping.

One of the other things I recently discovered through a little research is ginger tea.  I have had it before  but I had never bought the actual ginger root and brewed the tea myself.  Well, anyhow, I did it yesterday and it made me feel so much more relaxed and just better overall. It totally cleared up my sinus issues as well which was a complete shock to me.  I kid you not, I had a sinus headache and was about to take an aspirin but drank the tea instead and two minutes later the headache was gone.  I am now a huge fan of this incredible vegetable.

Here is a short list of the benefits of ginger:
Relieves Nausea
Clears Sinuses
Migraine Relief
Menstrual Cramp Relief
Ovarian Cancer Treatment (Kills the cancer cells)
Colon Cancer Prevention (inhibits the growth of new cells)
Prevention of Diabetes
Anti-inflammatory (great for relieving joint pain)
Clears congestion
Anticoagulant (great for blood flow and stops hardening of the arteries)
impotence (improves condition)
Relieves Stress
Strengthens Immunity....just to name a few.

When this whole thing started I was more than a little bummed out but now since I am learning so much about natural remedies and how to be even healthier, maybe it will be more advantageous for me in the end.  Imagine that.

Cherio!


6 comments:

Floortje said...

I really like your blog dear!
Keep up with the good work! :)

XO

Laura said...

Wow I didn't realize ginger had so many benefits I only knew it helped with nausea thanks for sharing.

Peaches Ledwidge said...

I used to drink it a lot but I find that my stomach burns after I drink it.

I'm glad it works for you.

Peaches Ledwidge said...

I'm glad it works for you.

Peaches Ledwidge said...

Glad it works for you.

Did you know that some bloggers will not leave a comment if you have word verification on?

Beauty and the Green said...

yeah, I hate it myself but when I switched over to the interface i guess it was automatically added - again. I just disabled it, thanks for letting me know it was on, i had no idea.