Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2012

In Pursuit of Zzzzzzzzzzzz's




It is amazing how we take some things for granted every day.  Like sleeping for instance....oh how I would love to be one of these little guys right now.  

Lately I have had a very hard time falling asleep and while it is scary, it is just as frustrating.  I have tried everything imaginable.  From exercising to tire myself a couple hours before bedtime to calming techniques and of course the chamomile and lavender teas.  Still, I get four hours at best each night.  Now that I am experiencing this gliche in my sleeping pattern, it sure makes me appreciate the luxury/benefit of a good night's sleep.  Good SLEEP is such a blessing and I never really thought until now. 

How fearfully and wonderfully made we are!  We refresh our bodies and minds every night when we sleep but most of us never think about it.....that is until we cannot sleep for some reason like me. When you lay down to sleep remember that.  You are blessed.

Well tonight, it's back to the drawing board for me.  I have mastered the art of counting sheep.  Heck, my sheep can even do a back handspring going over the fence.  Lol, Poor things are probably exhausted too.

So lovelies, if you have any tips or ideas on how to sleep like these adorable  puppies please do share.  Have a great weekend!

Cherio!

8 comments:

Annmarie Pipa said...

this must be more common than the whole realizes. Most of my friends have problems sleeping...so much so that when we go out for lunch or drinks that is all they talk about!!! I try and exercise till my body is heavy and I am exhausted..
good luck!
can never pray too much....

Peaches Ledwidge said...

I read until my eyes close. But I don't think that works for everyone.

Toia said...

I'm sorry that your sleeping has taken a little detour. But I would pray that it gets better for yo. Is there anything over-the-counter that you can take?

Beauty and the Green said...

Thanks for the tips and prayers everyone. I haven't tried reading yet, will do! I am scared to take anything that will cause me to depend on it to sleep and the herbal stuff so far is not working. Am a trooper though so am going to keep trying different things until something works!

Bonnie said...

Awww, how adorable! I can't wait until Mr. A and I can get some pets of our own.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Alicia said...

These days, I haven't been able to stay up past midnight. And if I do, I go to bed a little after midnight. This is VERY different for me considering that I'm used to staying up till 2/3am. Still adjusting to my new job, I supposed. But sleep... I'm loving it!

Laura said...

Sometimes I go through phases where I can't sleep at night. I've found one remedy that works well for me is a banana, milk and honey smoothie
1c milk (soy milk is actually better if you have it)
1Tbsp honey
1 banana
and about 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
or if I'm really desperate I use melatonin which you can get in the supplement section of the store.
Hope things get better for you it's so hard to function without a good nights sleep.

Beauty and the Green said...

Thanks Laura! I will try this and let you know if it works for me. Sounds delicious too...