Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Miami Nice!

The Miami Airlines Arena where the Miami Heat play their games.

Hola peeps! I cannot believe it has been two weeks since my last post.....I guess the saying is true "time waits for no one".  Well, I am back from a 13 day trip to Miami and it was truly an enriching experience.  I got to hang out with my besties, pig out on some really delicious food and take in what Miami has to offer which is a heck of a lot.  There was'nt a dull moment, no kidding.  While I was there there was even a cannibal attack...like what????  Yup, Miami is a happening spot...you name it and it happens there.  The good.  The bad.  And the ugly.  The good thing about it though is that Miami is so beautiful and the weather so nice that it is hard to dwell on the negatives.  It is hard to be sad on a beach sippin on pina coladas...just sayin.

It had been close to three years since I had left Miami to live in Atlanta so I was excited to see all of the development that had taken place since my departure of course I was thrilled to catch up with my friends.  These are some of the pictures I took on my trip.



                                                       Biscayne, my old stomping ground.





This is the freedom tower down town.  This building is absolutely amazing architecturally.



And here is the famous Bayside.  I love this place to hangout and shop. 
They also have live bands and great entertainment there as well.


This giant bird sculpture really intrigued me.  It is located down town Miami.


This is a plate of the most delicious jerk chicken with rice and peas that I had EVER tasted.  Don't let the bad pics fool you, this was so yummy!  Oh and the drink was sooooo good too.  Shout out to Lorna's restaurant down town Miami.  Check them out if you are ever in the area.

                      
Hangin out with my friend Pauline.  It was so nice to see her after such a long time.  I do not have any pics of my friend Devika with whom I spent most of my time this trip. Ha ha, we were so busy catching up we both forgot.



Goofing off in Miami...and why not?  It's fun!

Cherio!

4 comments:

Annmarie Pipa said...

wow...everything looks so fun!! you look so fun!!
welcome back!

Peaches Ledwidge said...

Like the hair and the pics.

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

Your pictures look so awesome! Love them!

Ah, Miami... this brings back memories to the four times that I've visited. (And I'll be going back at the end of the summer.)

shan said...

You had me at "delicious food" :)