Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Deals, Steals And Goodwill To All!

Okay, so I have to admit that this Goodwill thing is getting a wee bit out of hand.  And by that I mean I go there constantly, ahem, alright, the truth is, I stalk that site like a predator.  Sigh. I just can't help myself.  The deals are just too darn good to pass up!  Lately though, since I know this is my new go-to pass time, I have been making sure that I buy things ONLY for my Ebay business.  Cha-ching!  Goodwill is perfect for that, and I feel less guilt when I shop now because it's to turn a profit.....and it does.  Now all I have to figure out is when to stop buying.  Oh well, this may take some time.  Baby steps.


Here's a few of my buys for this week:



A huge 121b mystery bag of vintage jewelry.  I cant wait to see what's in there.  You have to be brave to do this though, especially when it is costing more than a few dollars.  I will update you on this purchase later but if my hunch is right, this could be a valuable lot of jewelry.


Next is a vintage Chanel scarf.  Hello! These things sell for hundreds of dollars so of course I just had to get it.


Now this may be a dud or it may be something I pat myself on the back for.  I don't know which yet but am praying it's the latter.  I am not a golf aficionado but sports memorabilia possibly signed by Tiger Woods seemed like a good gamble at the time so I took a calculated risk.



And then there were these beautiful pieces.  They are gorgeous and were made in Ireland by a company called Belleek. I did some research and they are worth a lot more than I paid for them. Score!


And finally here is my favorite buy of the week.  Of course it's Art.  I don't know why but I saw these paintings and it was love at first sight.  They are really special.






And there you have it, my Goodwill shopping spree in a nutshell minus my victory dance and screaming when I lost or won a bid.  Really exciting stuff!  For the rest of the week though am going to be a good girl but next week who knows what Goodwill and I will get into......


Cherio!

5 comments:

Peaches Ledwidge said...

They all seem valuable. The paintings, I like.

Laura said...

I love the paintings, and I bet you'll have fun sifting through the vintage jewelry.

Tanya said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have been going to Goodwill on a more frequent basis lately. It's only five minutes from my house! I usually look for books because I can never seem to getenough books. I also look at the arts and crafts. I bought some silk flowers to make wreaths and am going to try and sell them on etsy some day. I also like to sell things on ebay from time to time. I never thought of buying stuff from Goodwill and selling it. I'll have t o look a little more closely!

Holly said...

Thanks for checking out my new blog! I've redone the recipe tag section and I think it will work better to find the types of recipes your looking for. I thought of you blog today when I stopped off in a new (second hand) shop that refurbishes items. I bought an old (new to me) coffee table. So I made a great find too! You would love there shop!! Here's the link. http://www.theoldflamingo.com/

Thanks again for stopping by...I wish you'd follow me there too.

Alicia said...

I would totally be a Goodwill addict if I started shopping there regularly. LOL. It's such a good idea sticking to only getting things for your eBay biz. So smart!