Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Be Still My Soul



I have always loved this song, it has never failed to touch my heart and bring healing to me emotionally, even if it's just a good cry.  Today was no exception.  I got some really bad news about my dad and it was so hard to process, I was floored.  My dad is in the hospital due to a sudden illness and we, his loved ones are just waiting to see if he pulls through.  For those of you who have been there, you know how torturous the waiting is.  Unbearable.  As I sat there praying though, I heard this song in my spirit, then I started to sing it. 


Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.

Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end...

As I sang it, I began to feel encouraged.  I am not alone, God is with me, my family and my dad.  Be still my soul. Be still.  






1 comment:

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

No, you are not alone. God is with you. And family. And blogger friends. Sending a prayer up for your family and your dad.