Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Age Defying Beauty - Look fabulous At Any Age!

Lulu - dailymail (article)
A few days ago during a conversation with my sister-in-law, we somehow got to talking about aging and beauty.  Well, truth be told we started talking about it because I was complaining sharing with her about my new visitors.  Gray hair.  First, a couple showed up and that was fine but now they have invited their friends......and family....and their pets.  Hey,whoa there.  Now don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of gray hair, I even did a post on it here.....I just don't think am old enough (42) to do it right just yet. I would welcome/rock a streak of gray but not a whole head. Not yet.

 And so such was my lament to my sis.  Well, she is older than me and looks fabulous so I asked her to share some of her tips with me and man did she ever!

Here are the tips in no specific order.  Bear in mind this is from a woman in her early fifties who has followed this regimen over the years and proven everything listed here.

1.  Oil of Olay products - She loves and swears by them.

2.  Use a toner to clean your skin thoroughly.  She recommends Olay of course but a toner that is mild, gentle and non-drying is perfect.

3.  Follow up with a good moisturizer.  Do this morning and night, moisturize both your face and neck.  Make sure you don't forget to do the neck because the neck is prone to wrinkling later on and who wants that...

4.  Do not pick your skin!  This will result in scarring. Leave the pimples alone and apply an astringent to them instead.  

5.  Do something physical every day even if it's as simple as cleaning your house.  Get some exercise and do not take for granted the benefits of fresh air.  Taking a walk with ensure that you get both fresh air and exercise.

6.  Get 8 hours of sleep.  Seems like a lot but you need it to keep your body energized and at it's best. 

7.  DO NOT STRESS. Stress is the catalyst for a myriad of sickness and disease. Laughing and spending time with positive people and activities makes you healthier and adds much value to your life.

8.  Having a heathy spiritual life is also very important.  When you are overwhelmed you will have a comfort/resource to turn to.  Always.

9.  Take care of your hair. Keep it hydrated every day to minimize breakage.  Stay away from too much heat and products.  Find something that works and stick to it.

10. A well groomed lady takes care of her hands and feet.  Keep nails trimmed and on point!

11. Finally, have Confidence.  Once you look good you'll feel good.  Believe in yourself and do not let anyone shut you down.  Ever.

And there you have it, a simple list of tips that will keep you lookin fierce!  If you need more inspiration just check out this pic of Lulu who happens to be 61 years young.  In my opinion she looks better with age. For those of you younger folks, Lulu sang to "To sir with Love" which is the theme/title song for the movie "To Sir With Love" (a beloved 60's movie) starring Sidney Poiter...who hails from my home, the Bahamas.   It is one the the best vocals I have ever heard.  Love you Lulu.  You can read more about her and her new book on the subject of aging well here.  I will be getting a copy for sure.


.

Well, I hope this post was helpful to you.  Have a great week!

Cherio!

3 comments:

Stephanie N. said...

LOVE this post -- what great tips!!! :) I think I'm at the age when I need to START taking some preventative actions into my daily routine -- it's all about taking care of yourself! However, for me, it's that #11 I need to work most on -- I think that COMES with age, right? Maybe that's what makes aging gracefully, possible? ;)

Hope you're having a great week! <3

Lindsay said...

Great tips! Funny how the older we get, the more we look for ways to stay and look younger.

Alicia said...

These tips are ON POINT! Get sleep, don't stress, get physical, moisturize your skin -- all great tips!

I wish I could follow the one about getting 8 hours of sleep. It's just not possible for me right now. Le sigh.