Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Get Your Shine On With Chandeliers

Hall of mirrors (palace of Versailles)


There is nothing more glamorous or opulent than a beautiful chandelier.  And if there was any doubt about that, I refer you to pictures one and two in this post. And I rest my case.  If a chandelier is in a room, guess what everyone will be admiring?  The chandelier. They are bold, unapologetically amazing and drop dead gorgeous!


Call me crazy but I want a chandelier in my bathroom or in my kitchen.  Am still undecided as to which I will go with but I really like the look.  I used to want one over my bed until I pictured it falling on me as I slept.  Let's just say I got over it after that. Real fast.  In the bathroom though, it does not have to be directly over the tub (in case you're nervous about it falling).  Just place it where it can have great visual impact and get ready to be wowed!


Chandeliers usually are quite expensive so while many of us want one, due to the hefty price tag, it will most probably remain on our wish list.  It's a whole new day as far as options are concerned though.  From reproductions to purchasing used pieces, you now have many choices.  It is finally possible to have the chandelier of your dreams without sacrificing your budget.  And here are a few places where you may find chandeliers at a fraction of the price.  It requires a little tenacity and patience but it is so worth the time.

1.  Check out your local thrift store/s 
2. Garage Sales 
3. Etsy

And there you have it lovelies, another one of my decor infatuations.  Hope this inspires you to consider chandeliers in your decorating........you won't be disappointed. Ever.







6 comments:

Lindsay said...

The chandelier over the bathtub and bed looks just heavenly...

Nekky said...

LOL. I just closed closed my eyes and imagined a chandelier over my bathtub.

Pop Champagne said...

the chandelier in the bathroom is so lux, thats a sign that you've made it financially I think, LOL! oh and owning a Birkin hahaha

Gumdrop Pass said...

GORGEOUS!

I would LOVE a chandy in my bathroom... with a grand claw foot tub... done in all white...

A girl can dream, right?! :)

Have a good week, pretty! <3

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

Chandeliers are definitely something that I want in my home, when I can afford it. That way people can say, "You fancy, huh?" LOL. Seriously though, I've always loved them and think they are so sophisticated.

Najeema IAMCurlyLocks said...

You are one of the most fabulously frugal people I know...well at least that I follow on the blogosphere...