Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Choose Life

 

Hello Lovelies!!!!

Yesterday was the 7th of October, a regular day, except it marked the day my husband passed exactly six years ago. I tried to be more upbeat, but I was struggling real hard, so I just decided not to “people.” I actually called and asked folks nicely to give me space. Thankfully, they did.

As a result, I was able to spend the whole day reminiscing and resting. Something I had not done in a very long time. To my great surprise, what started out as a solemn “leave me be” day turned out to be hella fun. I read old blog posts and laughed myself silly. I cried too, but mostly happy tears. Through it all, I realized that this gal was built strong. Teflon ain't gat nothin' on me!!! 🤣 (In my best Denzel Washington voice.)

I saw so many facets of myself, battles I fought and won, epiphanies I had, lessons I learned, beautiful moments I experienced, and all the incredible things I accomplished and created, like my gorgeous “Choose Life” tee shown above. More on this later.

Seriously, like WOW!!! Wanda, girlfriend, you did that!!!! I am so very proud of myself. But what I am most proud of is that while I appreciate the occasional pat on the back, I don't NEED anyone else to co-sign this proud feeling. I am PROUD all by myself. No assistance needed.

Cheerio!!! 


 

No comments: