Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2013

Tales From a Craft-Head - Quick and Easy DIY Organizer



I have a home office and there are always papers and odds and ends that I need easy access to without digging in a drawer.   


With that in mind I decided to make a cute organizer to keep those items contained in a way that has a little style to it.  I am a serious craft head so I decided to make my own.


 I took a nice and sturdy box and covered it with burlap.
I am not a gal who measures everything so I just guess-timated it all and let my hot glue do the rest.



Once I had covered the box completely on the outside I needed a trim so hmmmmmmmm, what do I use?  I could have used ribbon but decided to use an old belt I no longer wore.  I cut the belt in half and buckled it in the front.  It was not long enough to go all the way around but it did extend down both of the sides and that was good enough for me.





I think it adds an element of surprise and if I must say so this came out rather nicely.  Hope this inspires you to try one of your own.  If you do, let me know how it turns out.




Cherio!


No comments: