Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Sorry Seems To Be The hardest Word

I don't know if it has anything to do with age but as I get older, my patience is starting to really dwindle...like wayyyyyyyyy down.  I used to be a really patient person and I still am but only to a point.  Lately I have been really struggling with people who knowingly wrong another but keep it movin and still expect the relationship to remain the same.  Are you kidding?  

Years ago I would have made it my mission to make peace and smooth things over.  I did that even to my own detriment many times.  Not any more though.  You see, I realize that to condone these actions are just teaching the offender that they can get away with this.  Again. And again.  And hey, after a while this gets real old. 

Recently I had an experience in my life that made me think about the value of self respect and knowing when to walk away from a relationship.  Let's just say it was pretty enlightening.  I learned that while self restraint/control is one of the greatest assets one can have, the ability to admit one's wrong and apologise really heals a multitude of sins.  It does.  Unfortunately it does not work if only one person does all the apologizing.  It takes two to tango. Sorry may be the hardest word, but it is worth it's weight in gold in a relationship.  Just sayin.

Cherio!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Your so right sometimes you just gotta own up to your mistakes and say Sorry. It's sad that some people can't seem to admit when they have made a mistake I mean we're only human and not one of us is perfect.

Alicia said...

Dude... I've gotten to that point before and, you know what? It feels pretty good. Sometimes saying "I quit" is winning. Just saying...

Peaches Ledwidge said...

Some people refuse to say sorry because they do not want to acknowledge that they are wrong.

You've done the right thing by moving on.

All the best for 2013 - with love.