Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, December 9, 2011

Its A Wrap! Chic Eco-Friendly Gift Wrapping Ideas

 

 I adore brown paper and burlap.......like you have no idea how much.   By themselves they are the humblest of materials but paired with the right accessories, they are the belle of the ball!  So with this in mind I am totally siked to "go green" this year with my gift wrapping. What could be better?........I get to save money, and preserve the planet while creating something beautiful.  Something that my friends and family will love and appreciate.  Win. Win!


Burlap and brown paper are the perfect canvas to create the most fabulous creations.  From Rhinestones, ribbons, stencils and stamps to feathers and pretty much anything else you can imagine, these materials are perfect to dress up.  I personally love using small pieces of burlap/ brown paper as an accent (like you see here) and using handmade bows and other crafty knick nacks to bring my packages alive. Who wouldn't want to receive a gift like this?  Just make sure though that the contents of your package lives up to the presentation ...... lol, just sayin.


I really like the idea of this doily on brown paper. (You can find paper doilies like this
 one at most party favor stores, and even at dollar shops.)  Sweet!
Cherio

9 comments:

Shanda said...

I've wrapped in brown paper before but never had the creativity to make them look so pretty. Thank you for all the fun and pretty ideas.

Nekky said...

What a way to pack gifts in the most natural way. They look so classy and still economical.
I'm inviting you to AFRICAN BLOGGERS COMMUNITY (also for non-Africans). It's just new and I'd love it if you join us.
http://africanbloggerscommunity.ning.com

Katya kate said...

I love this idea! Very green, inexpensive and makes room for our inner craftiness! Very artistic and chic! Love it, should try this for gift wrapping spree! Thanks for sharing :)

Stephanie of Gumdrop Pass said...

SOOO SOOO pretty! :)

I usually wrap wedding gifts this way and doll up the packages with the wedding colors. I WISH I would have wrapped Christmas presents like this yesterday - but I rationalized I needed to use all of the paper that I bought last year. ;)

Clairejustine said...

Love these,great idea :)

Veronica Lee said...

How pretty! Love the idea!

Happy Wednesday!

Lindsay said...

I saw this idea a few weeks ago and I wanted to try it!! It's such a different look as opposed to the typical wrapping paper. Very cute, too!

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

Are you kidding me?! This is... AMAZING! I totally LOVE this idea and I am so gonna try it out. PLUS... it'll be cheaper than wrapping paper. LOL.

SoCal Tess said...

Yay! I love your blog. I'm a new follower from MBC. I especially like your green inspiring wrapping ideas. One of my favorites to wrap in is newspaper with red ribbon.
Cheers,
Tess
inlovebythebeach.blogspot.com